If you would like me to review your/your client’s book or have any questions after reading the following information, please don’t hesitate to email me at
- I am currently accepting ARCs and finished print copies. If the book is part of a series, I may need the preceding books to the one you would like me to review. I may write reviews for those preceding books as well, but can only guarantee a review of the original book that a review was requested for.
- I am currently NOT accepting audiobooks. In certain circumstances I may accept e-books, although print books are preferred. If it is absolutely not possible to provide me with an ARC or finished print copy to review, I may accept an e-book depending on my availability at the time or my desire to read that novel, but I cannot guarantee I will accept it. The same policy regarding availability and desire extends to self-published authors and indie published books, regardless if the book is in print or e-book form. If accepted, the e-book format must be compatible with iBooks.
- official synopsis
- star rating
- explanation of what I liked/disliked
- overall opinion on the book as a whole
- if I recommend it
- where/how I received the book
- link to purchase the book on ‘Amazon’, ‘Target’ and ‘Barnes & Noble’
*links to purchase are included only in the reviews posted on this site — the Instagram review and Twitter link to my blog post are not guaranteed to have the above mentioned links
I will accept:
- Young Adult/Teen Books
- contemporary romance
- New adult*
- *the same genres apply, but I would need further information regarding these books– just contact me!
I will NOT accept:
Author Guest Posts and Interviews:
*At this time, I will only accept guest posts from authors.
- I will be accepting guest posts from authors who I have either read before, or who I am planning on reading. I have compiled that list and more information in this blog post. You can access that list and further information here.
- If your name is not on the above list or I have never read your work before, that doesn’t necessarily mean I will not accept a guest post– please email me, and I will see if we can work something out!
- If I have not read your book yet/posted a review and you are coming up with your own guest post topic, I would prefer (but do not require) you send me a print copy of your book.
- If I have not read your book yet and I am coming up with your guest post topic, I require a print copy of your book and 3-4 months to read/review it prior to your guest post. If this is not possible for some reason, email me and we can try to work something out.
If you would like to be featured on ‘Buried In A Bookshelf’, please email me with the following information:
- Your name and name of your book
- A brief description of your book (or Goodreads link)
- If you would prefer a guest post or an interview
- If you will provide the topic/interview questions or if you would like me to (please see above bullet point regarding this!)
- The month/date you would like to be featured
- If you would like to include a giveaway
*My 3-4 month time requirement is so that I have enough time to read/review your book by the time of its release date. However, exceptions can occasionally be made, so please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to try to work something else out; I cannot guarantee anything at that point, but I will do my best to accommodate based on my desire to read that book and my current availability.
My criteria for hosting a giveaway is similar to my criteria for reviewing books. Please refer to the genre and book format requirements for book reviews. If you wish for me to do a giveaway, please provide me with my own copy so I can read/review the book; I would prefer to receive it 3-4 months in advance. If you wish for me to host a giveaway, please contact me so we can discuss details, and include the following information:
- Format of the book (ARC, paperback, hardcover, etc.)
- Run time of the giveaway
- Shipping Requirement (US, US/CA, or International)
- Any additional information you’d like included
*At this time, giveaway entries with either be held on Twitter or Instagram; a link would be posted on this site. Winner(s) would be random. Depending on the nature of the giveaway, participants would RT my tweet about the giveaway, or respond/comment as to why they would like to win. Usernames would then be chosen randomly.
**Please note that the way to enter the giveaway is subject to change, and can be discussed in further detail if you’re interested!
- I will do my best to have the reviews posted in a timely manner and with regard to the release date of the book. While I cannot guarantee when the review will be posted, I will most likely post the review within 1-2 weeks prior to the release date of the book. If there is a different preferred time of posting, I will do my best to accommodate that.
- I prefer to have a book 3-4 months prior to the release date if the review should be posted within 1-2 weeks prior to the release date so I have time to read the book and write an honest review and post it on my various outlets/social media.
- Honest reviews do not always mean positive reviews; my reviews are my opinion, and if I do not enjoy a book my review will reflect that; however, if I would include the reasoning behind my opinion as well.
- Reviews will be posted on (in addition to this site) Instagram, Wattpad, and Goodreads.
- A link to the review will be posted to Twitter.
- In addition to my Instagram specifically for reviews (@cityofglamour), the book will also get a photo posted on my other bookstagram (@buriedinabookshelf)
Once again: In certain circumstances, I may accept e-books, although print books are preferred. If it is absolutely not possible to give me an ARC or finished copy to review, I may accept an e-book depending on my availability at the time or my desire to read that novel, but I cannot guarantee I will accept it. The same policy extends to self-published authors and indie published books.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me at email@example.com if you have any additional questions!
2 thoughts on “Review Policy”